LINK Training Resources & Knowledge Sharing
Whether you are looking to expand your testing knowledge, or equip team members of your laboratory with the skills to run specific tests, look no further. As a testing leader since 1935, with testing laboratories and on-road and proving ground facilities around the world, LINK’s expertise will help to grow you or your team’s capabilities for efficient and reliable testing methodologies that will get you the data you need, when you need it.
Training Courses – Upcoming
Brake Dynamometer – Test Part Preparation and Test Set-Up
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (EST)
LINK Dearborn, 401 Southfield Road, Dearborn, MI 48120
Instructor: George Younis
$995 per person
This hands-on course will review the basics of test part preparation including thermocouple installation and wear measurements. Proper fit and function of test parts will be completed along with full machine test set-up.
- Thermocouple installation – Review the basics of installation on various types of test parts including pads with both one and two piston calipers, shoes, vented and solid discs, and drums.
- Basics of caliper rebuilding.
- Fit and function a set of parts on fixture with driver. Review fixture and driver types.
- Wear measurement preparation and execution including thickness, weight, and rotor mappings.
- Installation of the fixture, driver and parts on the machine. This will also include how to enter test information (header), inertia changes, and setting LRO (lateral run out).
- Basics of probe installation for DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) as well as microphone and accelerometer set-up.
- Review basic initial test monitoring.
Remote ProLINK – Complete Software Review
Tuesday, January 19 – Friday, January 22
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM (EST)
Instructor: Chris Urban
ProLink training will be covered remotely in four half day sessions. All main software components will be discussed with emphasis on day-to-day test operation.
Session 1 – ProLink & testing overview, test start-up (Configuration Manager / DynoView)
Session 2 – ScriptEdit
Review the basics of programming for LINK Dynamometers. Emphasis will be placed on VSI2 (Visual Scripting Interface 2), but classic code and VSI1 will also be discussed.
Session 3 – RevDataPlus
All major aspects of LINK’s main data review tool will be covered including summary data, in-stop data, noise, and select machine specific features.
Session 4 – ReportAssist
The process of calculating Link reports will be shown followed by basic template creation using Link ReportAssist functions.
Attend all or a partial selection of sessions that meet your testing needs.
ProLINK – Programming Basics
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (EST)
Instructor: Chris Urban
$150 per person or free with a preferred software support agreement
Review the basics of machine programming using ScriptEdit. Focus will be on VSI2 (Visual Script Interface 2) with emphasis on steps, routines, loops, and if statements. Importance of machine files and different machine types will be discussed.
Training Courses – Past
Software Release Informational Session
August 11, 2020
Interested in custom training?
Let us know what kind of training you are interested in, and we can design a custom training program just for you. Your training will be private and catered to your specific needs.