LINK Frequency and Damping Test Stand (FDT)
Brake pads are a central component in the development of braking systems. Understanding the dynamic properties of the brake pad is essential in the development process to ensure quality control in production. Measuring these properties, including modal values of the brake pad, is part of the SAE J2598. LINK’s Frequency and Damping Test Stand (FDT) solution is a complete solution that automatically carries out, evaluates, and documents these measurements in accordance with SAE J2598.
LINK’s FDT solution is an upgrade of the Model 1620 Natural Frequency Test Stand (NFT) since it comes with its own test bench and its own SQL central database. The system can be upgraded to have a manual hydraulic clamping system to further evaluate the dynamic properties of the brake pad or other components.
- Vibration measurement with Laser Doppler Vibrometer, Accelerometer, or Microphone
- Excitation using vImpact (automatic modal hammer)
- Easy to automate – low personnel cost
- Automatic testing for frequency and damping evaluation
- Damping and loss factor evaluation
- Quality check programmable – peak frequency tolerances
- Frequency range up to 100 kHz
- Frequency resolution < 1 Hz at 20 kHz