Model 2090 Transmission Torque Cycling Durability Machine
The Model 2090 is used to determine case and component fatigue for automatic transmissions. It determines the effects of individual component variability with respect to temperature, torque, operating pressure, and part lubrication. Tests are conducted by cycling each gear range at preselected pressures and input/output torque levels.
The Torque Cycling Durability Machine is designed to be a low-speed, high input/output (absorption) torque transmission tester. The transmission connects to a drive motor that simulates engine input to an absorption motor that simulates the drive train load. The process employs vehicle specified drive train lubricants as the cooling medium and applied pressures are modulated to obtain controlled outputs in repetitive tests. Transmission failure conditions can be duplicated or predicted in the lab.
- System supports manual and fully automatic operation.
- The Automatic mode test sequencing may be executed without operator intervention.
- Block test formats allow ease of operator interface.
- Determines case and component for fatigue automatic transmissions
- Torque transmission tester