Model 3546 Wheel Bearing Test System
The LINK Model 3546 Hub and Wheel Bearing Test System is designed to reproduce the forces acting on wheel bearings as seen in vehicles by controlling the magnitude of the cornering forces and radial forces. The axial and radial load apply systems utilize hydraulic cylinders.
The control system maintains a constant force on each load apply system while rotating the test part at the desired test speed. The test is complete when either the test part fails or the required number of rotations is reached.
This machine is unique in that water, mud and other slurry mixtures can be sprayed on the bearing during testing. Additionally, the test enclosure is thermally insulated for cold weather environmental testing.
- Axial load in both forward and reverse directions
- Radial load
- Guarding for rotating components
- Vehicle rolling radius adjustment
- Displacement measurement
- Environmental Conditioning Unit -26°C to 90°C
- Water and mud slurry spray
- Cold water intrusion fixture